Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, June 02, 2010

F8s & Waltz-8

Today's figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  The session started late, there was a Z-break (quickest I've ever seen, I think it was 8 minutes!).  I was feeling more than a little off -- kind of shaky/dizzy/weak.  Still it turned out to be a pretty good lesson!

Today's lesson:
  • FI8s -- these were pretty good as usual.
  • FO8s -- these were about the same as last time.  Still need lots of work but they are getting there.  Mostly I'm still struggling to get the edge correctly from the outset.
  • Waltz-8 -- these are coming along!  I didn't fall once, though I did chicken out of the step-forward a few times.  I did manage some relatively good ones though and it's very encouraging.
  • BO edges -- finished up with these... they are a lot more secure and are coming along well.
I will be traveling so won't get to work on figures again until next Tuesday. Grrr.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home