Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Usual Suspects

My figures lesson with Lynne as usual.  Good ice, just 5 skaters and 3 coaches.

Today's lesson:
  • FI8 -- started with these... they were really good!  So we moved on.
  • FO8 -- These have actually improved.  Yes, they still need more control; but I am getting around the circle, generally speaking, and my circles are not wildly wrong.  More work needed, of course.
  • Waltz-8 -- these continue to (slowly) improve as well.  3s are reasonably well placed and while a bit skidded, generally okay.  Lynne had me work to not push so hard into the BO edge because I really get going and then it's hard/scary to step forward. 
No falls today!  Which is probably a first.  After my lesson I spent some time working things and played around with BXOs, which I did by accident in my patch blades last week sometime.  The CW BXOs are pretty nice and feel great (no toepick to scrape! so they are like buttah!).  CCW not so great, kinda scary.  I'm going to try to play with these more in hopes it will translate into better form in my FS blades.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home