Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Program Choreo Pt. 1


My freestyle lesson in my new timeslot, on the 7 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  Good ice although there was a cone in the south goal area due to a hole, and I had noticed last night the ice was thin there :-(

For today's lesson we began working on the choreography for my program.  We got through only perhaps 20-30 seconds.  Here's a summary of what we have so far:
  • Beginning pose (we went back and forth on this so it's not firm)
  • Back pivot (might become a spin later)
  • Forward pivot
  • L foot glide, then feet together w/arms
  • R foot glide
  • Mohawk, then BXOs around the hockey circle
  • Into a waltz jump at speed
That's as far as we got, though we spent a fair amount of time discussing various issues that needed discussing.  JJ said he would like 3 jumps and 3 spins in this program.  That last part, the waltz jump at speed... eep.  I am going to really have to work on that since I did like 4 BXOs around the hockey circle and I was flying (well, for me anyway) and I've never jumped at that kind of speed.  Eeep.

Anyway, we have a lot to do but we have more than 2 months so I'm not worried.  I am going to work on some of these elements between now and next week anyway so it's not like I'm sitting around waiting for choreography.

In other news, after the session Uyen went and looked again and found my missing CD case and notebook... YAY!  I was really happy.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home