Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Progress!

Today's figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club as usual.  The figures class Lynne teaches right before was delayed so I had a good 10-15 minutes of warmup time with the (freshly-Zammed) ice to myself -- nice!

Today's lesson:
  • FI8 -- we decided to start with these and O MY GOD!  I did the best FI8s I have EVER done. Of the 6 circles, all but the last one on the R foot were near-flawless, good push, had no trouble getting around and the tracings were separated by 4" or less.  WOW.  I was SO happy I could have just died, it felt so awesome!  The last one on the R foot was slightly wonky, I had a small balance issue at the start but still pretty good.  I don't know where that came from but it was awesome!
  • FO8 -- so of course we moved on to these.  Not nearly as good as the FI8s of course but not too bad, I was getting around the circle just fine and circle size was pretty good but I am tending to not fill out the 2nd half of the circle very well.
  • Waltz-8 -- these are improving also.  The FO3 is not bad albeit a bit skidded esp. on the R foot.  The step forward is improving, I only fell 3 or 4 times and most of the time I make it but I'm usually stepping to an FI edge instead of FO (sometimes a flat).  It's getting better though.
The FI8s today were such a good feeling... I will treasure that.  It's a welcome reminder of why I like this sport so much.   That feeling of perfection that is so rare!  Awesome.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home