Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Potpourri

Today's lesson was on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert... only I found out after I got there that it's actually now the 7:45.  They changed the times around, adding another 45 min of FS every morning (6:15 - 9:15).  Also we were on the "South Pole" this morning for some reason.  It's okay it actually is nicer ice (it's softer figure skating ice, not the hard hockey ice on the other side).

Today's lesson:
  • F8 pattern -- I was looking at these when JJ got on the ice so of course that's where we started.  We spent some time working on the transition from the LFO8 to the RFI8.  So weird!  It basically means you don't rotate your arms on the LFO8.
  • Practice review -- JJ had wanted to look at my practice notebook so we did.  He would like me to up my jump practice a little bit from 5 each to 6 or 7 each.  Other than that he thought it was good.
  • Program early prep -- we spent some time discussing my program for Cactus.  We played the cut I had prepared for last year's program that I didn't get to use -- I'd forgotten what a cool piece it is, although the last part is very fast and dramatic and will be challenging.  JJ liked the brass.  I gave him the CD to take home and listen to.
  • Spins -- we finished up on these... a couple of okay ones.  
After my lesson I skated about another half hour, and spent some time on moves since I had the ice to myself after 8:15 or so.  I was kind of tired though so I left about 8:50 -- kind of unusual for me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home