Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Bonus Skate

I skated for an hour at the Sunday a.m. FS at Chandler.  Nice ice and just 5 skaters (for the last half hour just 2 of us).  I will miss this time, it's not on the PIC calendar after today :-(.

Worked my now-usual drill, warm up with moves (since it wasn't crowded I worked on the BXO to landing position move), then 21 spins, 5 each waltz, toe and sal.  Sals were not bad for the most part.  Waltz I think I've gotten a little sloppy in the setup so I worked a bit on remembering to bring the arms through and get more spring.  Toes... uk.  Spins were... mostly bad but a couple that were promising.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:31 AM , Blogger Admin said...

    Lucky you to have an opportunity to skate so often! In my town unfortunately we haven't an ice rink.

     
  • At 7:48 PM , Blogger Gordon said...

    Sorry to hear that. I'm really grateful for the amount of available ice!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home