Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Perseverance Pt. II

I skated Chandler coffee club for patch time as usual.  I think I can definitely confirm that the new blade alignment has helped my LBO, and doesn't seem to have affected the LFO one way or another.  I spent my time on F8s, the pieces of the waltz-8, and working just on my push.

I've decided that on the step-forward I really have to be decisive in turning my body forward.  If I'm not decisive I lean forward and fall (only 3 times today, lol).  I'm still stepping to an FI edge though :-(.  I've also concluded that my issues with poor FO edge quality really relate to the open-hip position at the start of the F8 or edge; when I get to the closed hip position after I bring the free leg forward I generally am on a good edge.  I worked on holding the free hip firmly back but with only modest success.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home