Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Perseverance

Chandler now has 2 hrs of freestyle on Sunday mornings (10:15 - 12:15), so I took advantage and skated the 10:15.  This is on the newly-redone South Pole, so nice ice and only 5 skaters.  I had a decent skate.  I actually worked on the "new" perimeter FXO-BXO pattern (the one starting in September, one side of FXOs and then straight into the other side of BXOs).  Not bad though I am still lacking power.  Some work on power-3s (bleah), 5-step (eh) and waltz-8.  A fair amount of time on jumps and spins, but no really good spins.  I'm having a hard time disciplining myself to not rush them and of course when I do rush them the results are not good.

 It was nice to have the practice time!  Skating tomorrow morning too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home