Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

ScribeMania!

Per the new practice plan, I skated for an hour at coffee club (Chandler) -- patch of course.  Today was "ScribeMania" day since I brought my new scribe (I'd never used it before) and there were 3 others there already!  Wow, I'd never seen so many in one place before, it was kinda funny.

I had a pretty good skate, worked a long time on FO8/FI8, edges, and waltz-8.  I made some good progress on improving my LBO.  My work on the waltz-8 was fruitful also as I was able to hold the entrance of the 3 until almost the actual correct place in the pattern, and then was able to hold the exit for a while also.  Some good progress.

I did use my scribe but I am going to have to see about modifying it so I can use a marker with it as it's just too hard to see the markings with the lights we have, especially on less-than-virgin ice.

There were a lot of people there today!  I counted 12 skaters and two coaches!  Really, it was pretty neat.  Besides the usual crowd there were also skate buddy Bob who I know from Tucson and also Keila who skated with me in Tucson and now lives up here.  It is always great to see people I know :-).

2 Comments:

  • At 3:02 PM , Blogger marizel said...

    Gordon, I've cobbled together a way to attach a Sharpie Magnum marker to my scribe using a clamp with a suction cup that I found at WalMart, and some wire. The suction cup is optional, but just provided extra places to attach wire. Wrapping a thick rubber band around the marker gives extra grip for the clamp.

    Photos

     
  • At 3:43 PM , Blogger Gordon said...

    Hey, that's really cool, thanks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home