Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Waltz-8

Today's figures lesson on coffee club at Chandler.  We were over on the "South Pole" sheet.  Usually we are on the "North Pole".  I skate on the "North Pole" at Gilbert as well.  Amusingly enough the "North Pole" rink at Gilbert is on the right (west) side of the building but the left (east) side at Chandler.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- these continue to be a problem.  I had some good ones but I struggle with setting a good edge from the beginning, and being careful to "re-set" before each new circle.  And of course my pushes are still inadequate.
  • FO3s -- not too bad actually.  They are getting more confident.
  • step-forward -- (BO mohawk) --- from the RBO these are not too bad.  From the LBO -- eep!  Since my LBO is a bit weak anyway the step forward is problematic.  Nevertheless I managed a few, and of course several falls.
  • waltz-8 -- since we had done all the pieces we put 'em together and tried a few waltz-8s.... well, a lot of work is needed! I need to hold the exit from the 3 a lot longer, and I need to step forward onto a real FO edge.  Longtime readers will recognize that most of my problems in skating are encapsulated in the waltz-8, so the good news is that by working on this I'm attacking most of my skating problem areas.
All in all a pretty good lesson, I was pretty happy with what we accomplished.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home