Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Slogging Through


Figures lesson at Chandler coffee club as usual. I was pleased to see my sk8 buddy Bob up from Tucson!

Today's lesson:
  • F edges -- FOs are still a bit sloppy. FIs not bad. Lynne always catches me right when I get on the ice (almost) so I am always warming up during my lesson. I don't know if it's on purpose or not, I expect it is.
  • B edges -- LBO is still wonky but slightly better. RBO is soooo much better. BI edges pretty good.
  • FI8s -- I did a better job of making my circles about the right size. These were mostly okay.
  • FO8s -- a big time investment on these. LFO8 took most of our time... finally started getting a good edge from the start, which works a lot better than trying to fix it after I've started. RFO8 is better.
And that's all we had time for today! Geez. After my lesson I worked on my FO3s and then also step forward (so a mini-Waltz-8). I fell twice on the step forward -- I am tending to lean forward which is not recoverable in patch blades :-). When I actually get my body turned to continue in the same direction it works soooo much better!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home