Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Keepin' Keepin' On


Today's lesson on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert as usual.

Today's lesson:
  • power pull prep -- we spent some time working on prep for these, specifically just working on slalom-ing w/feet reasonably close together and working on feeling the FO edge. Weirdly enough I seem to trust my RFO more than my LFO. Hmmph. These will need a lot of work.
  • waltz jump -- some more work on keeping it clean and straight off the toe. A couple good and a couple not so good.
  • salchow -- arrrgh. Still working on the timing on this. I don't think I did any good ones.
  • toe loop -- double arrrgh. On the 3rd or 4th one I had a really weird fall. I somehow didn't really jump and then my R toe pick got stuck in the ice and I fell forward but it torqued my knee sideways. Ouch. Got up and did a couple more just to not let myself freak about it. Not so great though.
  • spins -- I'm still not letting it happen. I swear some day I am going to be able to just relax and spin and it will be wonderful... but right now I'm very frustrated even though I'm a lot closer than I was a year ago. Grrr.
I didn't stay for the last session today as I was a bit out of sorts and tired and concerned about my knee. I took some ibuprofen as soon as I got off the ice and it seems to be fine now.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home