Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, February 04, 2010

Spins & Jumps Still


Today's lesson on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert -- this was Tuesday's lesson rescheduled to today. We had to start the lesson promptly at 7:30 due to a schedule limitation, but it worked out fine. I didn't sleep well and felt a little off during the lesson :-(.

Today's lesson:
  • Warmup -- JJ watched me warmup (less time than usual) and reminded me I have to do backwards skating as well as forwards :-) so after a lap around the rink I did the APB BXO pattern.
  • Waltz jump -- just to warmup some more... my timing felt a little off but I did manage a couple of good ones.
  • Salchow -- just "eh". A couple of good ones. JJ reminded me not to bring the arm/body around early... waaaaait for it.
  • Toe loop -- just "eh" also. Still working to keep the R hand/arm back until I'm ready to bring it through for the jump.
  • Spins -- Just "eh" as well (geez!). Nothing great.
Not the best lesson, unfortunately. JJ wants to look at some different stuff next week (I don't blame him, we/I have been working this stuff hard and it might be nice to have a little change).

After the lesson I skated the remainder of the session and then left. I was just a bit tired and didn't think skating the additional session would be very productive.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home