Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

RFO3


Today's figures lesson on Chandler coffee club as usual. They have started a figures class that is right before this session. I've thought about taking it (my coach, Lynne, is teaching) but the timing with regard to work is a bit problematic so I am going to stick with privates for now.

Today's lesson:
  • edges -- a lot of time on these. I am still really struggling with FO edges! When I really get things placed right it, it is sooooo good but it's such a struggle. BO edges are still a struggle too, though not as bad. FI and BI edges are in relatively good shape.
  • FO8/FI8 -- just a bit of time on these. Not surprisingly my FI8 is better than FO8 (follows my edges). I'm still not getting a good enough push most of the time though, so I am not getting around all the way except rarely.
  • FO3s -- a little bit of work on the wall and then out on the ice. LFO3 I did several that were quite nice, so I was brave and tried some RFO3s (I had never done any). I actually did several and didn't fall! I was quite shocked. They were not good, very skiddy, and I had problems holding the exit edge, but they were there.
All in all a great lesson. I am making good progress, especially when you consider that I'm doing it all in patch blades. I just need to keep up my routine and practice time and I'll get there.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home