Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Progress


Today's figures lesson was on the Chandler coffee club as usual. Good ice and about 6 or 7 skaters.

Today's lesson:
  • F edges -- FI edges pretty good. On the FO edges we worked on them to get me to stand up straighter, bend the knees more on the push, and keep the free hip back and up. Part of the issue was not bringing the free leg in promptly -- once I started doing this and also "tee-ing" my free foot behind my skating foot I was able to hold the FO edge much, much better. Good progress.
  • F8s -- On the FI8 I'm tending to have an issue where I'm actually trying to rotate *out* of the circle at the top of the circle -- don't know what that's about :-(. I was able to fix it in part by making myself bend my knee more at that point (when rotating). This helped a lot though it felt awkward. On the LFI8 I actually traced my second circle almost perfectly on the first one (and I wasn't even really trying)! Woo! FO8s took some work but were improved also.
  • FO3 -- we worked on these at the wall and then out on the ice. I managed to do 3 LFO3s in a row without falling! So we moved on. I need to work the RFO3s in practice.
  • BO edges -- finished up with these. Still having a lot of trouble holding the upper body still and controlling it. Needs more work!
I was really happy with this lesson, especially the 3s. It looks like getting a little more practice is really helping!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home