Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Perseverance


I skated coffee club as usual, a half hour in FS and half hour in patch blades.

Freestyle -- warmed up with moves. FXO and BXO bronze patterns are looking pretty good though I still don't think I have enough power/speed. Spins -- eh. I had a couple that were not bad but none as good as my lesson last week. Salchow -- got a couple that were almost okay but I still don't feel the timing on it and I think they look pretty rough and are probably still cheated. Toe loop -- not much progress.

Patch -- my FO8 and FI8 are really stinky right now, can't usually get around. They did improve a bit though. BO and BI edges -- BI were pretty good, BO I still tend to skid. I tried one LFO3 and of course I fell. Still, I think practice is helping and I have to remind myself how little practice I get in these blades so of course it will take time.

I'm going to try to stay for the session after my lesson tomorrow, another 45 minutes of practice would help, especially to reinforce what I work on. Now that school is back in session it should be pretty quiet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home