Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

3-Turn


Today's figure lesson, on coffee club at Chandler as usual. Actually they were not scheduled to have coffee club today (I missed this in the schedule) due to a Special Olympics event; but they gave us ice on the other sheet anyway.

Today's lesson:
  • F edges -- just eh. Better than last week, so thank goodness for some practice Monday. I'm still having a hard time not rotating early on the FO edges.
  • B edges -- BI still not bad, BO really stinking -- again, having a hard time holding the position and keeping the free hip up.
  • FO8/FI8 -- FI8 not too bad. FO8... grrr. Some improvement though. I really need to "re-set" myself when I start each circle and make sure I have some tension in my arms so that I can hold the plane (as I think of it), otherwise I really let that swing start and it's hard to recover from it.
  • FO3 -- I had talked with JJ about working on 3s in patch blades and he said "go for it" so we worked on these a bit on the wall. It's hard because there's very little rocker and no toepick on my patch blades, but of course I need to learn these. Anyway after some work on the wall I tried an LFO3 away from the ice and promptly fell forward after the turn, of course. Got up and tried another and actually managed to exit more-or-less cleanly! So that was a good end to the lesson.
Much to be done, I am glad I am getting more practice. Hopefully we can get past FO8/FI8 and work on waltz-8 with an actually 3 at some point in the near future.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home