Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, December 11, 2009

Patch Blades, Oh My!


I skated the 8:15 a.m. FS at Chandler this morning. It's my regularly scheduled time but between my trip last week and having been off the ice for a while, I'd not been at this session for like 6 weeks!

Had an okay skate, it took me a while to warm up. Worked mostly bronze moves -- my 3s were not cooperating at all today (I was actually working on the power-3s) so I spent some time just on them and improved them a little bit. A little time on salchow but I couldn't get back to where I was in my lesson on Tuesday so I will have to ask JJ to go back over them again.

For the last 15 minutes of the session I put on my patch blades since I have a figures lesson with Lynne next Wed. My notes say I had not worn them since February! Eeep. Actually it was not quite as bad as I was expecting (didn't even fall) but it did take a good 10 minutes just to be able to even move comfortably. Grrr. Ice was not so good so I just worked on edges and that was plenty for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home