Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, November 09, 2009

Sidelined Again


I saw the podiatrist on Friday. The GOOD news is that my unspoken fear (that I had re-broken my foot) did not come to pass -- xrays show my foot bones are fine.

The not as good news is that the doctor says that my pain in my foot is probably a combination of overuse (moving, carrying heavy boxes etc., walking barefoot on the tile floors in the new house) so soon after the break, and my foot adjusting to bearing weight slightly differently than it did before (my 3rd metatarsal is now slightly shorter than pre-break, so the other bones bear weight just a little differently). He suggested that I rest it, take lots of ibuprofen, don't walk on the tile floors without shoes or cushy flipflops, and perhaps some ice if it's swollen. I go back in 3 weeks, if it's not better we might explore some inserts or orthotics (I have orthotics the previous pod gave me that I wear now).

So... I'm taking a couple of weeks off the ice although I can say it didn't hurt to skate. Geez.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home