Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, October 09, 2009

Back On The Ice


I skated the 8:15 FS this morning at Polar Ice Chandler. This rink is 4 miles from my house! The session was not crowded (6 skaters and 3 coaches), and my longtime skating buddy Jose skates this session so it was nice to have a friendly face there. Ice quality not so great -- they had not cut the ice since 5:15 and it showed. Oh well!

I spent a half hour on Moves and a half hour on freestyle. Forward perim XOs are looking good as far as pattern is concerned but there's still lots of room for improvement re: power and extension. Back XOs not too bad. Back XOs to landing position I still need to work on keeping the axis. And power-3s and 5-step... uck!

Waltz jumps are doing well, half flip actually pretty well also. Toe loop -- I managed to unskid the 3 by thinking of doing more of a curve into the 3 and not so straight. Still cheated though :-(. Spins -- I did one that was 2.5 rev and another that was 1.5 rev but nicely centered -- the rest were all pretty stinky.

Next week more skating and start looking for a coach!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home