Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, September 18, 2009

Club Ice


I skated club ice as usual; there were about 8 skaters and 2 coaches. I spent the first half working mostly on Bronze moves... still major suckage on the power-3s. Back perim. XOs are coming along nicely. Back XOs to landing position.... having troubles getting a good LBO, I was skidding off it half the time! Yuck.

Second half, worked on spins and jumps. Spins... bleah. Jumps... maybe some small progress on toe loop. Did a couple of really nice waltz jumps though, good spring and I actually did the right stuff with my hands/arms! It's amazing how when I get all that stuff right the landing can feel really confident and secure. Okay, maybe not amazing, but I'm still surprised when I do it :-).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home