Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

5-Step Mohawk & Power-3s


Today's lesson was on the 6:15 FS. Not too crowded, but there was a large puddle (Lake Sherwood!) in mid-ice for some reason. I've never seen that before at SIA.

Today's lesson:
  • 5-step mohawk -- we spent about 20 minutes on this! Mostly working on holding out the first two steps so they aren't rushed. If I hold that FI edge for long I seem to get a bit stuck, but it improved a lot with work so that was good. Main correction was to (how many times have I heard this?) really turn into the circle so that the turn can happen.
  • power-3 -- a lot of time on a similar issue, holding the FO edge before the turn. I think I tend to lock my knee in whatever position I'm in so it's hard to have a soft knee for the down-up-down. This got better with practice. Kelli was reasonably happy with the back lobe power-shift ("bay window") -- it really has improved a lot.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home