Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

More Bronze Moves


My lesson with Kelli was on the 6:15 FS. Ice was a bit beat-up for some reason... there were about 8 skaters.

Today's lesson:
  • BXOs to landing position -- I wanted to work these some more with some emphasis on getting better edges and more power. We worked 'em for about 20 minutes and made some good improvements. Main issues fixed were better posture (esp., keep the head/chest up!), sitting back on the edge more (not so much on the toe), and last, slowing down the tempo on the BXO. This last gives me a better BXO but also more power and tends to set up a better BO edge.
  • Forward perim. XOs -- main issue here was to skate with more confidence. Kelli gave me some corrections on the pattern... I need to be more deliberate on the FXO so that I don't short change that part of the pattern, and be sure to step to the FI edge right at the long axis. For some reason I'm quite comfortable heading into the boards and less so heading out into center ice! That seems backwards from most people. Anyway, some good progress on these as well.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home