Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Perseverance


I skated the 7:45 FS this morning. When I first got on the ice I noticed that I felt pretty good -- pretty "on my feet" and comfortable. Nice way to start the session!

I had a pretty good skate. I worked on forward and back Russian stroking, 5-step Mohawk, and some time on the BXOs to BO edges (I cornered Sonya before the session and she drew me a quick diagram to remind me where the BXO goes -- basically step to the BO edge at the top/bottom of the lobe, hold the BO, transition to the BXO halfway, BXO, etc.). I also spent some time on FO8/FI8 (a bit better today than Tuesday), edges, waltz-8. I spent 10 minutes or so just working on the RBO step forward that I have such issues with. Not sure I made much progress though :-(.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home