Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, August 06, 2009

Ice, Ice Baby


Today I was back on the ice for the first time since June 2nd! I just skated 45 minutes at the 7:45 FS session. It was nice to see so many familiar faces! Thanks for the warm welcome :-).

I limited myself to forward and backward stroking and edges. The first 15 - 20 minutes were a bit scary. I felt very stiff and a bit wobbly. It got a lot better, but I was pretty tired by the time I got off. Forward edges okay; FO8 and FI8 not too bad but I couldn't get quite all the way around the circle on one push. Back edges a bit rough, especially BO. I did some back swizzle pumps around the circle to try to get a feel for the BO edge.

All in all not too bad and it's good to be back. Foot didn't hurt at all but my toes were complaining a bit about being squished. I'm going to skate club ice tomorrow night, then a bit Sat. and my first lesson back on Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home