Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Perseverance


I skated the evening FS session as usual. The rink has changed the schedule for these -- it used to be 5:15-6, 6-6:45, and power class from 6:45 - 7:15. Now it's two 1-hour sessions, 5:15-6:15 and 6:15-7:15 and they are $10, instead of $8. So I skated 6:15 - 7:15. It's nice to have the extra time. There were about 9 or 10 skaters, but since two of them were Sam and her ice dance partner and also a bunch of people were working on their programs it was pretty busy!

I got some good work done on my program transitions. I tend to break up my programs into chunks and work them that way, in random spots on the ice since I don't have problems doing that. I try to break them up so that the hard transitions are in the middle of a chunk so I work them. Anyway, the challenges for me so far are the inside step forward into the RFO spiral, the RFO3 into the spin, and the brush back into the waltz jump. I worked these a fair amount but of course they need a lot more work. Sonya wants to add arm movements to a lot of the stuff we've already choreographed... eeep! I talked with her briefly and she thinks we can finish the program choreography on Monday.

One slightly scary moment, when Sam and partner went flying by in whatever dance they were doing, I didn't (apparently) flatten myself to the boards *quite* enough, and Sam's blade snicked my boot. Fortunately she didn't fall! No harm done but a little scary.

My L foot is still bugging me, it's been 2 weeks since I hurt it and it's still painful, though a lot better. I am not skating again until Friday evening so hopefully the rest will help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home