Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

New Program


Today's lesson was at 7:30 a.m. (on the ice at 7). We had a number of things to talk over, and in addition we listened to the revised cut for my program, and started choreography for it. Our conclusions:
  • We both agreed the new cut is a keeper, so I'll let Michael know and pay him, get the final CDs, etc.
  • We discussed lesson times and decided we would move back to Mondays at 7 a.m. starting next week. This is a time we can keep even after the rink schedule changes for the summer so that's good.
  • We discussed testing. Since I can skate up one level I don't actually have to pass the APB FS test for the competition (though I certainly need the skills for the program). Next test session is 6/14 but I don't seem me having solid spins by then (that's the problem area for this test, unfortunately) so we agree to postpone testing for now.
  • We agreed that having Kelli work with me on power would be a good use of our lesson time since I need to have better flow and speed for moves AND for the competition.
  • We talked about elements for the program and had some agreement on what was needed.
After that we started work on the new program. It's 1:40 maximum time (music is 1:37 I think), so not a whole lot of time. We just got started on the beginning. I'll record it here when I have more of it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home