Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Figures Class #12


Today's class was just two of us, Leone was teaching and Aziza was assisting. I started out just warming up FO8 and FI8 since I had not skated since Tuesday and hadn't done figures for 2 weeks. From there I went on to work on serpentines. Leone had me work on coming into the new circle straighter (no diagonals!) and to bend the skating knee more before the change of edge. She also reminded me to keep the free hip up after the change of edge.

After that I spent some time on waltz-8. Leone worked with me on my 3s, she made me come into the center square (instead of skating hand leading) and then really work to bring the free hand alllll the way around into the circle before releasing the turn. This did improve my 3s a bit, they were smoother and less hoppy. We'll see if I can retain this.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home