Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Skate


I escaped to the rink to skate for an hour this afternoon. As I'd hoped it was pretty deserted, just 2 or 3 skaters and 4-6 civilians.

I worked a lot on toe loop and spins, and also some on salchow and half flip (no, I didn't work on the half lutz, though I should have). I also did my required allotment of two two-foot spins (they were fine). I'm very frustrated on the spins. I think the spinner will help me get my free foot in but I'm always going up on the toe, and I don't think the spinner will help with that. After I got off the ice I remembered that I saw somewhere a suggestion that when spinning you might think about lifting your toes in your boot. I'll have to try that since I think I'm pressing down with my toes and that's part of why I'm up on the toe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home