Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, May 09, 2009

Figures Class #11


There were just 3 of us for class today -- plus Kristen came and borrowed some of our ice to work on her back 8s :-). Kelli had me work on serpentines. I don't remember if we'd done these before. Of course, to do a serpentine you need to skate 1.5 circles on one push... so that part is not happening yet :-). The hard part, though, is the change of edge. Kelli had me do LFOI - RFIO. The FI-FO edge change is harder than the FO-FI, but after a while I was more-or-less managing it. This one will take more work but it's kind of fun. The only other problem I had was figuring out what to do with my arms, but Kelli clarified for me that there's no change of arms at the edge change. So it's hooooold the one position until you rotate before changing feet. That's a long time to hold the position :-).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home