Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, May 08, 2009

5-Step Mohawk & Half Lutz


Today's lesson w/Kelli was moved to club ice this evening due to a schedule conflict. Before the lesson I warmed up and worked on toe loop and back Russian stroking (a.k.a. back perimeter XOs). About 12 skaters & 3 coaches on the session.

Today's lesson:
  • 5-step mohawk -- on to Bronze moves! This and the power-3s will be the hardest for me I think. We worked on (what else) holding the back edge longer and with more control. In general, not too bad. The LFI mohawk definitely needs some cleaning up, though, I can see Kelli grimace every time I do one :-). Right now a key is probably to relax and do these a bit slower and not too small of a pattern.
  • Half lutz -- Sonya had asked Kelli to teach me these; I'm not sure why, really. Anyway, we worked on them for a while and I did a couple by the end of the session. At this stage they are (not surprisingly) not very different from my half flip, the biggest noticeable difference is probably the entry from a straight LBO (hopefully) edge instead of RFI mohawk.
There is so much other stuff going on! I'm getting music cut for my program, the Cactus announcement came out last week and I need to send my test stuff off along with the Cactus registration soon... need to start working on program and costume soon also. Also, I had my first chance to play with my new spinner, I worked with it for about 10 minutes this evening before I left work. Eeep! It's tricky. The best I did was 1.5 revs. It's going to take a lot of work, I'm going to try for 10-15 minutes every weekday.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home