Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, May 15, 2009

Power-3s & Spins


Today's lesson with Kelli on the 8:15 a.m FS:
  • Power-3s -- continuing our work on the Bronze moves. The main things we worked on were holding the entrance/placing the 3 at the top of the lobe; getting a good transition into the BXO, and keeping the shoulder back to get a good step forward for the next lobe. I find these a lot of fun to do but it will be a real challenge to get the 3s clean, I think. We only worked on the L side (easier), we will have to address the R side at some point soon. I am reminding myself that my 3s for this will have to be a lot cleaner to pass than they had to be for pre-bronze. Fortunately I have a while to work on them.
  • Spins -- continuing to work on these. Not much really to say, just slogging through.
Kelli is out next week, I am hoping to have a lesson with Leone. I am thinking when she's back it might be fruitful to spend some time working on power and skating faster since I really need to develop that for both testing and competition.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home