Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Progress


I skated the Sunday afternoon public at Shiny Rink; I had a conflict yesterday and didn't get to go to figures class or afternoon public as I usually would. Due to the gorgeous weather it was not too crowded, yay! I skated for an hour.

After some warmups I worked on toe loop, spins, waltz-toe, and also some time working on my change of edge (FIO) for serpentines. I'm only working FIO because FOI is pretty trivial. FIO is getting pretty good.

Spins, not much to report, unfortunately. Toe loop I got a couple that were actually not cheated! Here's a pic:


I know it's pretty hard to see, but on the left in green is the RBO edge with a large flag at the end, and to the right is the toepick mark. I need to get some magic markers and stash 'em in my skate bag so I can do this better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home