Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Spins


I had a lesson with Leone this morning on the 8:15. I had originally planned to have this lesson on Friday but with my foot hurting I had postponed it. My foot is still hurting but it's getting better.

Today's lesson:
  • two-foot spin -- we started with these. We played around with different arm positions, but I think the most helpful feedback was mostly to bend more from the knees/hips and to bring the R arm around better.
  • LFI mohawk -- Leone just had to fix my rather sloppy LFI mohawk I usually do to enter my spins... mostly to make it more of an actual turn, and to keep the free foot inside the circle immediately after the turn. These clean up pretty nicely when I actually think about them.
  • spins -- we worked mostly on the entry-- in particular getting a better FO edge, stepping forward more into the circle (not so perpendicular, but more back-the-way-I-came), and to be a bit straighter on the entrance. On the last, I think I was actually tending to drop the L (yes, that's what I mean) shoulder on the step forward. So we fixed that and I think it helped a bit. I still didn't get any particularly good ones though :-(.
Sonya is back and I have a lesson with her tomorrow at 7:30 a.m. There's a lot to work on and talk about! I'm also still waiting for my revised cut of music.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home