Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Perseverance


I skated the 6:15 FS. Not too crowded and pretty nice ice. I worked on FO8/FI8, FXOs, BXOs, edges, and stroking. For the last half of the practice I spent some quality time on Bronze moves, especially back Russian stroking and BXOs to landing position. I discovered that despite having worked on this (BXOs to landing position) just *yesterday* I'm not quite sure about the pattern! Grrr. Have to go over it again w/Sonya next week (or Kelli). Back Russian stroking is slowly improving but I need to be more confident and aggressive and really work on getting that power shift correctly.

Skating tomorrow a.m., then I am gone on a vacation and have lessons next Tuesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home