Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, September 04, 2009

Club Ice


I skated club ice as usual. There were about 11 skaters on the ice and no coaches :-). I spent the first half hour working on Bronze moves. I was really pleased that when I went through the back perimeter XOs my power-shift has really improved! Both sides were pretty good, which made me really really happy!

For the second half I worked on jumps and spins. I got one 2-rev spin (not as good as the one in my lesson last week) and bunch of 1.5 revs spins, yuck. Waltz jump, I was trying hard to collect like I had on Monday and it seemed to really work and seemed a much better jump over all (yay!).

Best of all, I worked a bunch on my toe loop and they were horribly cheated; so I tried slowing it waaaay, waaaay dowwwnnnn. And got AN UNCHEATED TOE LOOP! Here's the proof:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home