Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Power-3s


Today's lesson was on the 6:15 FS. Not too crowded, about 6 skaters. The amusing anecdote for today was just before my lesson started, "That's Not My Name" by The Tings came on the CD player and so Karly, Madison and I were standing around Kelli singing it to her. Okay, maybe you had to be there but it was pretty darn funny!

Today's lesson:
  • power-3s -- we spent the whole lesson on these! They needed it. My biggest issues are not holding the edge before the turn (not placing the turn at the top of the lobe), not holding the BI edge after the BXO, and stepping forward onto an FI edge not an FO. Sheesh! As a result of these various problems my axis tends to look more like a sine wave than a straight line! We worked extensively on holding the BI edge after the BXO and then stepping forward. I tend to get stuck looking forward after the BXO and my shoulder blocks me from stepping forward. Not too surprising since I pretty much have issues with all my steps-forward. I could probably spend weeks just working on that. (I usually work on waltz-8 at most warmups just to work on the step forward actually) We spent most of our time on the LFO3 side; in retrospect we should have started with the other side since my RFO3 is a bit dicier than LFO3 (although I think that step forward is a little better).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home