Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Forward Perim. XOs & 5-Step Mohawk


Today's lesson was on the 6:15 FS as usual -- just 4 skaters on the ice... nice!

Today's lesson:
  • forward perimeter XOs -- these are coming along very nicely. I'm getting more consistent about keeping my axis, and after a little bit of work I was doing a much better job of holding the extension on the FI edge. We worked the ending of the move (we'd never gotten that far before!) so I know how to finish it. I really need to work on my T-stops so that I'm comfortable doing them at speed... All in all Kelli was pretty happy with these.
  • 5-step mohawk -- eeep. These are pretty stinky. These and the power-3s are definitely my worst Bronze moves. The issue really is the BO edge and step forward, just as it was in the waltz-8. I realized in our discussion that really the 5-step mohawk is almost the same as the waltz-8, except the 3-turn is a mohawk and there's a slide chass&eacute. But really, it's practically the same. So we worked on it. I really get on my toe on the BO edge; and I tend to let the free hip start the rotation right after the step to the BO edge, so I lack control. Grrr. These need a lot more work.
Alas, this was my last lesson with Kelli :-(. Also, probably, my last post for a bit. I am skating at club ice on Friday, and we are having a little get-together afterward, but my internet is going off on Friday so I won't be able to post about it until I am moved to Phoenix.

See y'all on the flip side! Smooth ice and sharp blades!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home