Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, September 25, 2009

Going-Away Party

[Note: I've backdated this post to the date it occurred.]

After club ice a bunch of us had a get-together at the restaurant next to the rink to say our goodbyes. There was a terrific turnout! I believe I counted 23 of us. There was a card from Sonya and gifts from Sonya and Kelli, and amazingly enough a card signed by a huuuuuge number of people that they managed to keep a secret! I was impressed and very, very touched. I will treasure it always.

We talked and laughed and took lots of pictures. Karly and Emmy created a sort of "rap" routine that went something like this:

  • G is for greatly generous!
  • O is for outrageous!
  • R is for ridiculously rockin'!
  • D is for dainty debonair!
  • O is for o-mazing!
  • N is for No one can replace you!
(the last might have been "no one can take your place"? Emmy?). Anyway, you had to have been there to see the presentation... it was awesome! Thanks so much ladies, and thanks SO much to all who came!

Pictures:

We had a great turnout!




Me and my wonderful coaches...


Me and the homegirls!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home