Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, October 19, 2009

Coffee Club


I skated coffee club at Chandler today. The member price is only $6, so a good deal, and it only took me 20 minutes from leaving work to stepping on the ice so that's awesome! There were only 5 skaters and one coach, so not crowded at all. The ice was freshly surfaced when the session started, although I have to say I have never seen a Zamboni driven that fast! Seriously, I didn't think he would be able to make the turns he was going so fast on the straightaway. Scary. So the ice was fresh but still pretty bumpy; but still the best I'd seen at Chandler.

I had a pretty good skate, worked on Bronze moves and jumps and some spins. I got one 2.5 rev spin, it seems like I am getting a little better about not bailing out though I am still having trouble finding and keeping the sweet spot. Grr.

Got to meet about half the skaters and the coach. I'm going to try to skate this session every week if I can, it's mostly a question of getting out of work for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home