Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Lunch With JJ


This was supposed to be "Trial Lesson With JJ" but Polar Ice messed me up again. I had called yesterday to confirm that they had coffee club today, but when I got there -- no coffee club, they are having some kind of hockey camp. Grrr.

Anyway, I got to meet a potential coach, JJ. We wound up going out for lunch and talking since we didn't get to have a lesson. We discussed my goals in skating and my background, and he gave me some information on his skating background etc. He's a pretty interesting fellow -- skated as a child, took a break, came back to skating and passed all the way up to Senior level. Pretty impressive! He's big on focus, discipline and prioritization.

We have scheduled a trial lesson for next Tuesday morning at 7 a.m. Why I am volunteering myself for early morning lessons, I'm not sure -- it's probably because I am desperate to skate on ice that doesn't stink! Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home