Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, October 16, 2009

Perseverance


I skated the 8:15 FS at Chandler this a.m. -- skate buddies Jose and Tracy were there and it was nice to be among friends, as always. As usual, not-so-great ice. The session was a bit crowded to start with but cleared out to around 7 skaters and 3 coaches half-way through.

As usual these days I spent the first half working on moves, then FS. I worked on slowing down the toe loop a bit and did several toe loop entrances into back pivot. Not sure that helped much but it's getting easier at least. A few spins that were ukky, and some nice waltz jumps and half flips.

On moves, I spent a fair amount of time just working on FO3s, holding the entrance longer and trying to improve them. I did make some progress with this so I'll try to work this again next time. Power-3s slightly less stinky due to this. 5-step mohawk not too great. Other moves are about the same as before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home