Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, December 05, 2009

Visit "Home"


So I'm on vacation in Portland, a quick trip up here to visit friends. "Home" is in quotes because while I never really felt at home in general in PDX, I do have to say that I did feel very at home at the rink in Sherwood and I do miss my skater homegirls, skaters, skater moms/dads and coaches here very much.... they are such wonderful people! It's been a great visit though much too short.

Friday a.m. I got to the rink at the tail end of the 8:15 FS and got to see Karly and Emmy working on their routine for the holiday show. After that I had a nice breakfast with Sonya and a wonderful convo. Back to the rink for coffee club (see below), then off to change etc. and back to the rink at 5:30 for the holiday show.

I'd forgotten what a big deal the show is at Sherwood! Well, at least I'd forgotten how quickly the parking lot fills up and they have people out directing you where to park! Seriously!

It was a WONDERFUL show. So many great moments... Karly and Emmy's routine ("Cool Yule") came off wonderfully well, complete with the flip-over and some other really cool tricks. Nice unison in their jumps and wonderful presentation. Besides that so many other people I knew performed.... Alee, Kayla, Carrie, Erika, all 3 Fernandi (lol), Annie & Alyssa, Sierra & Casey, the production team... it was awesome. Amy and Madison sat w/me and we had fun.

After the show a bunch of us went out for dinner and had a wonderful time.

Karlyism for the day... at dinner I was explaining how I thought the song lyric was "like my eyeball's stuck on replay" when it's actually "like my iPod's stuck on replay" (yes, I am dumb that way); and Karly just looks at me and says "Gordon, Gordon, what are we going to do with you?" :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home