Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Private Ice


My lesson with JJ was at 7:45 this morning (7:30 session). I had private ice! There was one skater on the session before me but she left at 7:30 and I had the ice all to myself the whole session... whee!

Today's lesson:
  • spins -- pretty much what we worked on last week, but trying to solidify things. JJ is making me keep the leg out and this seems to make me slow things down a bit so that I'm not hitting my toepick so much. I had a good 2-rev spin and a couple others that were not bad. It's a work in progress but the entrance is a lot stronger and like JJ says we have to get that right before we can get what follows. I'm encouraged.
  • salchow -- again, pretty much like last week. I made some pretty good progress though! I did a couple that were not too bad, though the landing wasn't on the same curve as the entrance. I'm holding the BI edge though and jumping at more-or-less the right time/place. I'm slowly getting a feel for the timing on this jump. I'm very encouraged.
And that was all we had time for! A very encouraging lesson. Unfortunately with the upcoming holiday and an out of town trip I will probably only skate tomorrow (figures lesson) before my lesson next week.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home