Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, January 04, 2010

Perseverance


I skated the coffee club session today at Chandler. This was the first time in several weeks that I had a session of just plain practice and no lesson. Sheesh! I spent half an hour each on freestyle and figures.

Freestyle... it was fun to work on moves again. I tried some spins; I was keeping my leg back/out some but they still were not good. Salchow... wow, I'd not worked on these in a long time. I did one that was almost okay but most of them were pretty bad. I think I overthink this way too much. Toe loop is about where I left it.

Changed to my patch blades.... urgh. The first 20 minutes were pretty ukky. After that I was finally doing some nice inside edges, but my outsides were bad. And my pushoff, while it was a little better, still stinks. Yuk. At least I got some good work in. I'm proud of myself for that.

So the routine I am hoping to get in is practice Monday, lessons Tuesday (FS) and Wed (figures), and practice Friday. Plus some time on the weekend if I can at a public.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home