Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

LFI3


Today's figures lesson on Chandler coffee club as usual. There were 6 or 7 skaters present and fairly good conditions.

Today's lesson:
  • B edges -- started with BO edges. LBO still problematic but it did improve a bit, just tend to get up on my toe a bit (this has been a persistent problem in my skating); then if I did better at holding my position I was so tense and "stuck" I couldn't rotate for the RBO edge. Bleah! I need to just practice holding the LBO edge more. BI edges were nifty as usual.
  • FI8 -- started with a beyooootiful LFI8 that was really nice. RFI8 not so nice, it's the push is a bit off and lacking. Lynne reminded me to bend my knees into the push off and not wide-step the push, keep my weight on the middle of the blade.
  • FO8 -- actually not that bad. Push is still lacking but improving and the LFO8 wasn't as bad as I feared it would be.
  • FO3s -- the good news is that I am getting a lot more comfortable with these. We worked on making them more natural (less forced) and with better knee action. The RFO3 is actually better in that regard; LFO3 did improve a bit though. Check needs work though.
  • FI3s -- RFI3 is actually pretty good though some of the same corrections as for FO3s apply. We finished the lesson with the debut of my LFI3 which actually seemed better than in FS blades. I did two of them and didn't fall, at which point I decided to not tempt the skate gods any more (we were out of time anyway).
All in all I'm pretty pleased with my progress. Need more practice of course, but it's coming along.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home