Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday 30-30


As usual, Monday coffee club at Chandler. Moves felt pretty good. Salchow is about the same. Toe loop a bit better, worked on it for a fair amount, it is getting a little closer. Spins -- the first one I did was pretty good, maybe because I muffed the entry a little and went slower than usual, so I got 3 revs. None of the ones after were as good, which says to me that I still need to slow myself down more on the entry.

Patch -- I had a devil of a time getting my FO edges to show up. I spent like 10 minutes just on those! What finally seemed to help was realllllly holding the free shoulder back (with real amounts of tension). That helped a lot. Worked a bit on BO and BI edges, my LBO is a bit problematic still. Then the last few minutes on FO3s.. LFO3s looked good, I tried the first part of a waltz-8 and it was good (chickened out on the step forward though). RFO3 were okay, still very skiddy and I only did 3.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home