Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Workin' It


My figures lesson with Lynne at Chandler coffee club as usual....

Today's lesson:
  • F edges -- started with FI and they were pretty good. FO still a bit weak but not too bad.
  • B edges -- My LBO was better than it has been, I'm doing a better job of sitting on the blade more and getting my weight off the toe. I have some issues when I rotate though, I'm tending to flat then. RBO good, and BI edges were nice.
  • FI8 -- I actually am (barely) getting around on one push now, which is nice. Not too bad, my tracing was pretty good.
  • FO8 -- Arrggh. Even my RFO edge was causing me problems, and I'm still having that issue where my edge tends to push out to the side (on the pushing foot) when I push. Grr. Also wide-stepping my push onto the LFO.
  • FO3s -- We worked a bit on trying to relax on these and have better prep and better control. Grrr. Some progress on the LFO3 but the RFO3 was just bad. Two offerings to the skate gods today (falls forward). Bleah.
There is a hockey tournament over President's day weekend so not sure how much ice time I will get before my next lesson, there's no FS or coffee club Friday or Monday.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home