Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

8s, 3s, & Step Forward


My figures lesson w/Lynne at Chandler coffee club today. Good ice and only a few skaters.

Today's lesson:
  • FI8s -- not toooo bad.
  • FO8s -- bleah! My LFO was not cooperating very well but eventually it got in line. Lynne says my posture and push are (slowly) improving.
  • Serpentine -- we worked on the FOI. Eeep, since my FO edges are not so great. The change of edge is okay though, but I really am going to have to learn to push if I'm ever going to manage these.
  • FO3s -- LFO3 not too bad, RFO3 a bit skiddy.
  • Step forward -- I swear my coaches call each other up to find new ways to torment me.. I just worked on these yesterday w/JJ and now Lynne wanted to work on them. We just worked on the RBO-LFO. Eeep. Of course I had to fall but I did manage a couple that were okay. Really need to keep my knees soft, get my feet together and not lean forward.
After my lesson I got to briefly talk with my friend Keila who was on the ice today.... we know each other from back in the day in Tucson but we'd not been on the ice together since... 2005? A while. It was good to see her.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home