Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday 30-30


As usual, Monday coffee club at Chandler. Good ice, about 6 skaters. For my 30 minutes of patch, I spent almost all of it working on my 8s, trying to get a better push and make it all the way around. Maybe a little improvement, but not much. Spent the last few minutes working on BO edges ( a a little better) and 3s (uck). Just for grins I tried an RBO8. Wow, I am going to have to really improve my posture and control to make BO8s happen. I just cannot hold that position right now.

For my 30 minutes of freestyle I worked a bit on moves, then salchow, toe loop and spins. I had a decent sal, then several not so good and another okay one. On the toe loop, I realized part of my issue is that I'm not drawing my arms in, so they are out when I want to jump. Duh. I worked on it a bit and had one that felt really good, though the print says it's still quite cheated. Oh well. No good spins today except the last one was 2 revs so a little better. Bleah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home